13 New Himalayan Chain Resort to open in Everest Base Camp


8th Oct, 2017 | Tourism Mail Crew


KATHMANDU, Oct 08 : 13 Himalayan Chain Resort is set to open in Everest Base camp  route with an estimated capital of 1 Billion Rupees.

Asian Trekking has taken the initiation to set up the chain resort which also will have investment from World Bank which will have sophisticated facility and ease the uncomfortably feeling of climbers in search of multi-facilitated hotel.

Asian Trekking will make the investment of 60 percent and the remaining 40 percent will be made by World Bank, according to the agreement.

Managing Director of Asian Trekking Ang Tshering Sherpa also the Former President of Nepal Mountaineering Association informed that construction of hotels in Solukhumbu’s Fagdim, Khumjung, Lobuche and Gokyo has been completed and the construction is going in other places too.

“Every citizens and tourists want to see the Sagarmatha close to their eyes. We do have hotels in the area but they don’t have much more facilities and well managed. We thought of a plan to make resorts over it as it is the big investment project we have shake hand with World Bank and the construction will unfold in three phases,” Sherpa said.

He also informed that the construction of the resorts will be completed within 5 years in the areas of Fagdim, Namche, Khumjung Pangbuche, Dhingbuche, Labuche, Gokyo, Fang, Machango, Dhole and other 3 places.

With the completion of the resorts additional 15 hundred tourists will have the facility of accommodation and 7 hundred people will get the employment opportunity. During the climbing season the tourists in the area have to accommodate in whatever condition prevails and some have to reel in the cold but with the completion of the project the problem is expected to resolve.

Though there are over 2 hundred hotels operating in the Sagarmatha Region of Nepal they are closed for about 6 months.