NATTA oppose CAAN’s decision over distribution of bonus to employees


13th Jan, 2017 | Tourism Mail Crew


KATHMANDU Jan 13 : The Nepal Association of Tour and Travel Agents (Natta) has opposed the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal’s (Caan)’s plan to distribute Rs530 million as bonus to its employees. Releasing a press statement TAAN said the act of CAAN has drawn its attention and claimed the bonus planned to be distributed is collected from taxpayers.

caan-natta-tmail-nepal

The umbrella organization of tour and travel agents claimed that TIA had been collecting passenger service charge and airport development tax from travelers to develop its infrastructure.

“The move to distribute bonuses goes against this objective, and it cannot distribute the money collected from passengers as a reward to its employees,” Natta said. After getting the Caan board’s go-ahead, the management has sent the proposal to the Tourism Ministry to obtain permission from the Finance Ministry to pay out bonuses from the profits earned during the fiscal years 2011-12 to 2014-15.

The bonus announcement has come at a time when the efficiency of Nepal’s aviation infrastructure and manpower has been widely questioned at national and international levels due to lack of investment and training facilities.

CAAN has proposed to distribute 30 percent of the bonus to its employees and deposit the remaining 70 percent into the employee welfare fund. This money will eventually be paid to them as gratuity when they retire.