Nepal participates in Danish Travel Trade Show


28th Feb, 2017 | Tourism Mail Crew


Kathmandu, Feb 28: Nepal participated in Danish Travel Trade Show being held at Messe Centre Herning (MCH), Denmark on 24-26 February in collaboration with Nepal Tourism Board –Honorary Public Relations Representative (NTB-HPRR) Mr Dipak Sapkota and his team.

[caption id="attachment_4055" align="alignnone" width="881"] Photo: Dipak Sapkota[/caption]

The mega exhibition facility which contains more than 13 halls had simultaneously accommodated camping, hotels, golfing and other products in other halls while Hall G had been allocated for international travel companies and Missions. In total, 105 exhibitors were present in the international hall where 18 Embassies and tourism offices of various countries showcased their tourism products and services, The Embassy of Nepal in Copenhagen, Denmark stated in a press release.

Majority of the exhibitors were private companies among which around 12 companies from Denmark were selling various tour packages for Nepal.

During the event, the Embassy showcased and shared information related to Nepal's tourism products, services and destinations. The Embassy with the help of NTB-HPRR and his team also distributed brochures, booklets, CDs, pamphlets, flyers, poster of Mt Everest, Lumbini, Muktinath, Bhaktapur, Pashupatinath temple and other available materials.

[caption id="attachment_4056" align="alignnone" width="889"] Photo: Dipak Sapkota[/caption]

During the three days, more than five hundred people visited physically to the Nepal stall and made inquiry about various curiosities they had regarding the potential destinations, tour packages, safety of the tourists and flight safety, price structure, appropriate seasons to visit Nepal and the situation of the tourism attractions following the earthquake in Nepal.

Similarly, around 400 people collected kits containing brochures, booklets, CDs, pamphlets, flyers and other available materials from the stall. Among the visitors to the stall, around 30 percent had already visited Nepal for various purposes and the rest of the 70 percent were new and willing to visit Nepal. A few of them had even their plan to visit Nepal in the near future, the Embassy of Nepal stated.

Some airlines company officials including that of Turkish Airlines had also visited the stall and showed their interest towards collaborating with NTB and the Embassy.

A video that contained vibes of Nepal was played throughout the event which also remained an attraction for young visitors. The role up stands placed in the stall also attracted the attention of many visitors. They were very much curious about the places and activities displayed in those stands. Some of the visitors had expressed encouraging comments about the impression of their previous visits to Nepal, particularly about the helpful and ever smiling people.

[caption id="attachment_4057" align="alignnone" width="866"] Photo: Dipak Sapkota[/caption]

During the exhibition, Mr. Ram Kaji Khadka, Charge d' Affairs and Mr Madhabraj Kafle, Third Secretary at the Embassy were present in the venue and had interaction with the Danish agencies that were selling Nepal packages. The exhibitors were very much excited to have Nepal package.

However, some of them had a joint package that covered both Nepal and some parts of India but most of them had separate tour packages for Nepal that included trekking, hiking, culture trip, jungle safari, holiday making, family trips and heritage site packages.

The Embassy participated in the event as part of its economic diplomacy activities. It is hoped that participation in the mega event that attracted a large number of visitors will help boost the number of Danish travelers willing to visit Nepal in the coming seasons and years.